Mike is a Licensed Professional Engineer, and Silicon Valley Builders has been employing green building practices, in their developments since the company’s inception in 2007.
Silicon Valley Builders is a proud member of Build it Green
- All our homes are rated by an independent Energy Raters.
- Double Pane Argon filled low e windows does not only provide an excellent heat barrier from conduction convection and radiation but also the sound barrier.
- Seven-day Programmable Thermostats to adjust the temperature throughout the day and the week, they also provide extra comfort at low energy bills.
- 60% of the energy bill in a house comes from Heating and Cooling.
- Our houses are insulated based on Title 24 or better.
- Internal walls are usually insulated for soundproofing.
- The structure is properly sealed to minimize air leaks the main source of energy loss.
- Recessed can light are sealed so unconditioned air is not pumped back into the conditioned space.
- No invasive species are planted.
- Turf is not installed in areas of more than 10% slope.
- No spray sprinklers are installed in areas of width less than 8 ft.
- The system uses low drip, bubblers or sprinklers.
- Door or window headers are sized for the load.
- Oriented Strand Board is installed for subfloors.
- Oriented Strand Board is installed for wall and roof sheathing.
- Minimum 16-inch overhang and gutters are installed.
- Use durable and fire-resistant material for Roofing.
- All Hot Water Pipes are insulated.
- Usually, High-Efficiency On-demand Water Heater is installed.
- High-Efficiency Toilets are installed.
- High-efficiency sealed furnaces are installed.
- High-efficiency Air Conditioned units with environmentally friendly refrigerants are installed.
- High-Efficiency HVAC filters are used.
- Energy Star super quiet bathroom fans are installed.
- Homes are usually provided with conduits to wire for future photovoltaic installation.
- Quality of wall and ceiling insulation is inspected before sheetrock is installed.
- Low VOC paint is used for all internal walls and ceilings.
- Energy Star Appliances are installed.
- All shower pans are hot-mopped to prevent water leakage.
- All home front entrances can be seen from the street or from other home entrances for safety.
For a free home rebuilding evaluation, please call us at (408) 202-6794
or send an email appointment request.